Senior Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
Infinite Athlete’s mission is to build an operating system for sports that powers infinite innovation and makes sports better for the fan, the game, and the athlete. Our goal is to create a single technological foundation across all major sports upon which innovative sports technology and media products can be built.
This foundation will combine and connect sports data from all sources, which will create infinite possibilities.
Infinite Athlete serves as the comprehensive and industry-leading platform for sports technology – a single solution upon which global leagues, clubs, and teams can improve all aspects of broadcast viewing, athlete performance, fan experience, coaching, and operations to empower a better experience, with greater opportunities across the landscape of global sports for the fan, the game, and the athlete.
As a senior software engineer on the data infrastructure team, you’ll be responsible for building out the infrastructure that underpins all of our systems. Your infrastructure will ingest data from first and third-party services, ensure that it’s accurate and comprehensive, and make it available in our data warehouses for use by our other services. This is a full-stack role with roughly an 85/15% split between backend data processing architectures and internal tooling frontends. You’ll be expected to spend the majority of your time on individual code contributions but will also be responsible for driving architectural design discussions and ensuring that the team’s processes and output maintain a high bar for quality.
Your work will play a key role in our business, as you’ll be directly responsible for the lifeblood of our systems – the data. You’ll have the opportunity to make a major impact on the success of the company and its customers.
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Deep understanding of common techniques for both batch processing and stream processing
- Experience developing data lakes and warehouses such as Redshift for storing and analyzing large data sets
- Extensive experience coding in type-safe systems programming languages such as Golang
- History of building highly available cloud-native architectures using infrastructure as code frameworks such as the AWS CDK
- Understanding of concurrency control patterns and NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB
- Excellent technical communication skills in written media, such as design documentation and code reviews
- Mastery of Golang and TypeScript
- Experience building web frontends using modern frameworks such as React
Perks & Benefits
- Generous Vacation: Flexible PTO
- Health/Wellness: stipend of $200 per month
- Cell Phone Allowance: $37.50 per pay period ($75 per month) automatically included with each pay period to help cover cell phone costs
- Health Insurance: Infinite Athlete covers 100% of monthly premiums for medical, dental and vision benefits for you and 95% for your dependents
- 401(K) Contribution: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching
Infinite Athlete provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Infinite Athlete complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
San Francisco, CA (Remote)